Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25 Blogtoberfest - My Creative Space

Even though I had a million other things to do (read should be doing) this week I indulged in a bit of Christmas crafting.
 
 
I shared a sneak peek earlier, but now I've done more and taken pics in better light:) They are Australian animal shaped Christmas ornaments!

This is an idea that's been in my head for 3 years. How do I know its been 3 years? Well, I had the idea right before we last went to the US and that was 3 years ago this Christmas. You see, I thought my idea might make a nice project for the children, something they could give Grandma, Auntie etc....

Only the project never happened, too much going on, children weren't interested. Honestly I don't remember why, I just know the idea never came to fruition.

So skip to this past Sunday. Looking for something to keep middle busy. We are going overseas again, so I thought they might make good presents (sound familiar). This time middle was interested so project was a go, despite a million other things I should have been doing.

I found the shapes many moons ago at Kaisercraft, some traditional Christmas shapes and some Australian animal shapes. It was the Australian animal shapes I was most interested in. In my quest for creating Australian themed craft activities I thought the idea of combining Australian animal shapes and Christmas themed papers was genius. Well, in my head at least. That is until now:)




I painted the edges, cut and glued the paper on both sides and voila, Christmas ornaments. Simple, no? And now that I have made them, yes, I do believe they are genius:) I even went out and got more shapes to make:)


I hope you are bringing genius ideas to fruition in your creative space:) For more spaces and inspiration this week, be sure to check out My Creative Spaces. Cyndy

PS Be sure to also check out the My Creative Space challenge for November! Pin It

9 comments:

Roslyn said...

They are gorgeous. Love the little Echidna shape!

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

These animal ornaments are so cute!

teddybearswednesday said...

I lOve them!!!

planettreasures said...

Genius? Yes!
Such a lovely clever idea. People will love them I'm sure.

Tweed Thoughts said...

I think these are just lovely - what a fab idea! :)

lamina@do a bit said...

They are gorgeous... what a great idea! :)

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

What a great idea! I'd love a few gallahs flapping around in my Christmas tree. : )

Claire said...

Hey Cyndy these are great........what a wonderful idea and nice that you have finally been able to put it all together.
I'm sure they'll be loved and appreciated in their new homes......

Claire :}

Tammy said...

They are genius! Totally Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...