Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Creative Space - Easter Finger Puppets with an Australian Twist!


My creative space has been a bit hit or miss over the summer holiday. With all three children home there just hasn't been the time I would like (or space for that matter as they have taken over all spaces including my crafting studio, the kitchen table:) as keeping them occupied has taken centre stage.

But amongst the strawberry picking, beach going, op shopping, movie going, play dating, board gaming, video gaming, crafting and legoing I have been working on one little project for my Madeit shop - Easter finger puppets! I know, I know Easter already? But for once I am trying to be ahead of the curve:)

I find the focus on chocolate at Easter a bit overwhelming, so I try to minimize the chocolate by giving the children a few small bits and bobs in their baskets. I came up with the idea of Easter finger puppets last year. I know pretty mundane, but there is an Australian twist, as they include not only a bunny and a chick, but an Easter bilby:) They seemed to be a hit last year with the kids and friends, so I decided to make some to sell in my Madeit shop this year.




Despite the lack of routine and the feeling of constant chaos and clutter about the house, these summer holidays have passed quickly. Oldest and middle start back to school next week and littlest starts 4 year old kinder. Now that will be a big change - not sure what I will do without my constant shadow of almost 4 years!

Hope your holidays have been enjoyable whether you have been creative or not:). For more creative spaces this week check here. Cyndy Pin It

7 comments:

Miriam said...

Love it!! They are super cute

amy said...

These are great! I love the bilby. I don't like loads of chocolate in the baskets either--finger puppets are an adorable addition!

Fay said...

So cute!

Domesblissity said...

Hi Cyndy! How cute are they? I've just spotted your felt Iced VoVo. That is just fantastic. I love the old Iced VoVo. I'm an Australian blogger who has a linky party every week called "Thriving on Thursdays". I feature recipes, crafts, decluttering and organising projects, vintage finds and anything else goes. I would love it if you would like to link up with me this week with this project.

http://www.domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/01/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-4.html

Anne @ Domesblissity

Renee said...

They are super cute, I love the little faces on them.

Umulia said...

How cute and fun:)

debby emadian said...

These are lovely...wow you are organised, getting ready for Easter so early...

Have a great weekend
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...