Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Creative Space - Skirts and Dresses


I have finally been able to turn my attention this week to the making of Christmas gifts. Last year I made the littlest and middle a Christmas skirt. I made a simple pattern which featured a top skirt of different panels and an solid underskirt with trim. Both girls really liked the style so since their Christmas skirts still fit I thought I would make them each another skirt in the same style but non Christmas this year. This is little's in  progress - cute strawberries with polka dots:


A friend recently got the ruffle attachment for her over locker and I found a great dress pattern for middle which is the perfect excuse to try it out:)  The plan is to make two dresses for middle and one for littlest in this pattern. This is one of middle's in progress.


So two skirts and three dresses, not a bad start. Wish the oldest (a boy) was so easy:)

Hope you have started on your Christmas making! For more lovely spaces you can visit here. Cyndy Pin It

4 comments:

Hootnz said...

You're right they're so much easier to sew for than boys... these are going to look great... I have a ruffler foot and it makes life much easier :)

Miriam said...

lovely colours and that ruffle attachment sounds great! Lovely work.

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

I'm with you there - my 2 sons are so much trickier to make things for, while my daughter has so many handmade clothes. I love the fabric for the dress!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

They will be gorgeous dresses. I so want a ruffle attachment for my overlocker, I need to chase that up, thanks for the reminder :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...