Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Creative Space


This week has been all about the upcoming fundraiser for my children's school: a Trivia Night/Silent Auction. This is the second year I have taken on the role of coordinating the event. Last Friday was the deadline for donations. While I had built in a week of wiggle room, lots of stuff coming in right at the end of last week and this week still. Now that it is all in, it needs to be organized, descriptions written up, pictures taken etc... as we create an Auction Catalogue which will be printed and distributed to families next week. Lots of work to do over the weekend to get the Catalogue ready for printing. Phew - I am tired just thinking about it!

In between all the craziness the only project I have had time for is my hottie for the Hottie Challenge. The aim of the challenge is to make a hottie cover (as in hot water bottle cover), which will be exhibited in the gallery space at Open Drawer Art Textiles and Learning Centre from Friday July 1 to Sunday July 24, 2011. Our finished hotties are being donated to the Margaret Pratt Foundation, so that they may be sold to raise funds. The picture is a sneak peak of my hottie. I am about 1/3 of the way done - only two weeks left so I need to get moving!

Hope things aren't too hectic in your creative space. For more creative spaces you can visit here. Cyndy Pin It

3 comments:

Teek said...

your hottie cover looks gorgeous. thanks for stopping by
Tanya

lamina @ do a bit said...

better to be busy than bored hey :) The sneek peek looks fabulous such beautiful needle work!!

CurlyPops said...

Wow I'm always fascinated by embroidery (because I'm seriously hopeless at it).
All those different stitches that go into making a picture are just amazing.
I need to get cracking on finishing mine too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...