Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Creative Space...


Next week is my oldest daughter's (age 7) best friend's birthday. As a regular op shop visitor, I had found a Little Golden Book about horses with lovely illustrations in it some time ago. I scooped it up thinking I might make something from it for my daughter's best friend who is horse crazy. As with many of my purchases I wasn't sure what I would make, but I knew that would come to me when the time was right.

After procrastinating as long as I could (I actually have a hard time cutting up books), I finally settled on making a paper garland for her bedroom from the book. I started working on it yesterday. When my daughter came home from school she saw some of the shapes I had punched out and said "Mum, I know what I want to make for Bridgette for her birthday, one of those banners like you made for Aunt Tanya." Clearly great minds think alike:) I was able to tell her that was exactly what I was making. She still wanted to make something herself for her friend, so we have come up with an "I love horse" collage/sign she is going to make using some of the leftover illustrations from the book.

I hope you are getting lots done in your creative space today. I am feeling the effects of my first cold of the season, so might not get as much done today as I had hoped! For more creative spaces you can visit here. Cyndy Pin It

4 comments:

Michelle Walker said...

I have the same issue cutting into vintage fabrics and table clothes. It never get easier.
Mxoxoox

Alisa said...

Ohh, not sure that I could. I am such a sucker for little golden books. But the garland will be completely gorgeous, she'll love it!

Bron said...

Great idea....it is lovely to be able to bring such old classics back to life.

Seaweed and Raine said...

I Love the illustrations in the really old vintage Little Golden Books - I find I am a total sucker for them. (They don't make them like they used to :) ) Now the illustrations get to live on in another format.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...