Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Goodie Bags

I was feeling the need to make something for Easter and decided to make goodie bags for the kids and some of their friends. In my head I could see these cute bags with little bunnies on the front with flowered fabric. Here's what I ended up with:


So how did I do it? To create the bunnies I found a cute graphic over at the Graphics Fairy. While I thought about using the citra solv method to transfer the image, I decided I wanted something a little darker, so I turned the graphic into a freezer paper stencil. Note, when creating a stencil, especially a small one, it's often best to only utilise key elements of the original graphic. I was able to use the same stencil multiple times (wasn't sure if I could do that with a freezer paper stencil).


I then stencilled the basic bunny graphic onto pieces of scrap fabric using black fabric paint.


I then added detail (nose and whiskers) to the stencilled bunnies using embroidery thread (I did have to add some interfacing to stiffen up the fabric a little). I thought the embroidered elements added dimension and interest to the bunnies.


I then made a simple drawstring bag using white cotton fabric on the outside and the same fabric I stencilled each bunny on for the lining. Finally, I hand-sewed each stencilled bunny onto the white cotton fabric side of the drawstring bag that had the matching fabric lining. See here and here for some tutorials on how to make a drawstring bag if you don't know how to make one.

And viola, cute little bunny goodie bags! Cyndy


I am linking this up to:


Pin It

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute. Thanks for all the tips and inspiration too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...